Since 2006, we have donated over $1,500,000 to cancer research and to crucial services for those fighting cancer.
The Pano Koumantaros Cancer Research Fund was created to fight cancer and alleviate the struggles of the patient’s journey by providing equipment, research and treatment to those in need.
The Pano Koumantaros Cancer Research Fund is named after Pano, whom lost a 6-month battle with bladder cancer in December 2005. The Fund was created to support cancer research, treatment and care initiatives in the Puget Sound community.
What We've Achieved
- Dedicated a room at St. Joseph's Medical Center in Pano's memory
- Purchased 21 sleeper chairs
- Purchased a bladder scanner
- Providing 20 DVD units for the oncology unit.
- Clinical trials to support bladder cancer
- Funded 3 South Sound summer camps for children fighting cancer
- Purchased two electronic scales
- Clinical trials for 10 cancer patients through South Sound C.A.R.E Foundation
- Clinical trials to support triple negative breast cancer
- Tackling pediatric and teen cancer trials